2014 is here and I’m anxious to accomplish many things this year. It’s hard to believe that my blog has now been around for a year (Although technically the first post was on January 10, 2013). I somehow found something to talk about each month! When I first started my blog I had no idea how long it took to create a good post. Some posts take several hours to write, revise (and revise again many times), add photos, and much more. I certainly appreciate the work that blog writers put into their posts, now that I know how much effort is required to post meaningful content.
In this post we are looking back on 2013 at some highlighted posts.
The Monoprice tablet unboxing and review:
Some notable painting process posts:
- Little Marker Monsters
- Speed Paintings Circa Early 2013: Part One
- Speed Paintings Circa Early 2013: Part Two
Art book reviews:
- Colored Pencil Painting Bible: Techniques for Achieving Luminous Color and Ultrarealistic Effects
- Casein Painting: Methods and Demonstrations
- Classic Still Life Painting: A Contemporary Master Shows How to Achieve Old Master Effects Using Today’s Art Materials
- Still Life Painting Atelier: An Introduction to Oil Painting
- Drawing and Painting Fantasy Figures: From the Imagination to the Page
- The Fantasy Artist’s Figure Drawing Bible: Ready-to-Draw Characters and Step-by-Step Rendering Techniques
I hope you have a happy new year and stick to your new year resolutions (unless your resolution is something awful like drowning 100 kittens; then I don’t hope you stick to your new year resolutions).